I am healing, and playing well. But my back was broken and I am still without a piano or money. Please help me by donating to my piano fund or by buying CDs here. Bless you!
- Jessica Williams, born March 17, 1948, Baltimore Maryland.
- Headliner at The Kennedy Center, Dutch North Sea Festival, Norway Molde Festival, plus major fesitivals and concert halls in Bern, Tokyo, NYC, South Korea, London — more
- She holds a Fellowship with the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation — more
- Graduate of The Johns Hopkins Peabody Conservatory of Music
- She has released over 80 CDs and LPs, and written over 1000 compositions — more
- She has received four grants from the National Endowment for the Arts; a Rockefeller Grant for composing; the Alice B. Toklas Grant for Women Composers, the 2016 ASCAP Award — more
- "One of the greatest pianists I have ever heard." - Dave Brubeck
- "Jessica is a beautiful player." - McCoy Tyner
- "The most important pianist to arrive since Bill Evans." - Alun Morgan, Gramophone — more
- "She has the rare ability to draw listeners into her private musical world and hold them there, enthralled." -Dave Gelly, The London Observer
- "Jessica is a powerful virtuoso, a brilliant solo player, and a 'giant of music', consistently brilliant." - Scott Yanow, The All Music Guide
- "Nothing short of brilliant." - Sidney Bechet-Mandela, JazzUSA
- "A vibrant force on the contemporary music scene." - Rolling Stone
- "In a word, she's a monster. Her technical mastery is equaled by her swing; her power matched by her dexterity." - Geraldine Wyckoff, Downbeat
- "Her style and technique embrace a very original combination of wit, grace, introspection and white heat." - Harvey Siders, JazzTimes
- "She is simply a pianistic force of nature that will not be denied." - C. Michael Bailey, All About Jazz
- "I will say on record that I think she is the finest pianist of our time. And her records are, bar none, the most consistently immaculate and for your hard-earned dollars, a Jessica Williams album is a no-brainer" - Fred Jung, All About Jazz
- "Jessica is utterly magnificent . . . the most poetic of all living jazz pianists." - Jeff Simon, The Buffalo News
- "This is easy. Jessica Williams doesn't make bad records." - JazzNow, Lawrence Brazier
My back was broken in 2012, after 50 years as a pianist. My multi-level back-fusion required permanent internal rods, pedicle screws, and bone grafts.
I lost my piano and all of my savings, and they were just things. I have my loving husband of 30 years and I am lucky to be alive!
I have nothing against you buying my music from iTunes or Google. But please know that I am not paid for my work if you buy it from anyone but myself.
Please donate HERE for my piano and spinal recovery fund or HERE to purchase my music from me.
Thousands of LGBT children commiting suicide because they are born different and are terrified of the future? Please, let us ALL remember, no one needs an excuse to be who they truly are.
Bright Moments! — JW, Sun Apr 16, 2017